Our Privacy Disclosure Policy
Your trust is the cornerstone of our relationship with you. This notice describes our policies that will protect your privacy in a manner consistent with your expectations and is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union. Throughout this notice, the word “information” refers to personal information about you that may not be publicly available.
Information About You That We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Membership application forms and other forms we use to open your membership share account
- Application forms used to obtain loans or other services from our credit union
- Information created as a result of your being a member of our credit union (This includes account numbers that you have with us. This also includes information about transactions that have occurred on these accounts or on loans that you have with us)
- Credit Reporting agencies
- Other sources to verify the information that you provide on an application form (This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions)
- Information from your employer regarding changes to either your personal or your work information (Examples include address, phone number, department, name changes, or changes in employment status)
Information About You That We Disclose to Others
We do not disclose any information about our members and former members to anyone, except as permitted by law.
We may disclose nonpublic information about you, resulting from transactions initiated by you or under joint marketing agreements, to the following types of third parties:
- Financial Service Providers such as check clearing processors, data processors, and credit card and debit card processors
- Marketing Service Providers such as insurance companies
We will not disclose consumer report information to affiliated parties without complying with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Please contact us at (301) 729-8015 if you have any questions about this privacy notice.