Eligibility for membership in a Federal Credit Union is limited to the persons and organizations sharing the common bond described in the credit union’s field of membership as set forth in Section 5 of its charter. A person becomes a member upon approval of an application for membership and a minimum share deposit of $5.00.
Immediate family is defined as grandparent, parent, spouse, sibling, child, or grandchild. This includes adopted children, stepparents, stepchildren, and stepsiblings.
Household is defined as persons living in the same residence who maintain a single economic unit. This includes any person who is a permanent member of and participates in the maintenance of the household, including family members, roommates in a single residence, domestic partners, foster children, and legal guardian relationships.
Individuals eligible to join the ACT 1st Federal Credit Union include:
- Employees of the Allegany County Board of Education (including substitute teachers), Allegany College of Maryland and Allegany County Education Association
- School Nurses of the Allegany County School system
- Volunteers for the Allegany County Board of Education, Allegany County Education Association and Allegany College of Maryland
- Teacher’s Assistants
- Students Attending School in the Allegany County School System and at Allegany College of Maryland
- Contractual Persons in the Allegany County School System, Allegany County Education Association and Allegany College of Maryland
- Regular Members/Employees of Local 307, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Regular Members/Employees of Local 100, Sheet Metal Workers
- Apprentices working and/or receiving training for/from Local 307 or Local 100
- Regular Members/Employees of Local 453 and Local 992, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen and Helpers of America
- Employees of Bill Miller Equipment Sales
- Immediate family members of each employee group
For additional information call 301-729-8015.